Intended Audience: This is a prerequisite course for Hippotherapy Treatment Principles – Part 1. This format is focused on giving the therapist the basic horse knowledge prior to including hippotherapy in their treatment practice. This course is included in the purchase of the Hippotherapy Treatment Principles Part I course.
You must first register for a Hippotherapy Treatment Principles Course to access the Equine Skills Test
Course Objectives Include:
- Identify and name key anatomical points of the horse.
- Recognize elements of desirable conformation of the horse.
- Identify and describe the function of grooming equipment.
- Identify key parts of the horse’s tack.
- Recognize and describe the four natural gaits of the horse.
- Recognize desirable qualities of the horse’s movement.
- Identify the signs of stress/burnout in the horse.