Thank you for your interest in submitting an article for publication! Here are some guidelines to follow when preparing your manuscript:
- Terminology The AHA, Inc. has specific terminology when discussing hippotherapy.
- Format and Style Each article should be submitted as an individual Word document. Please follow the APA Manual of Style: https://apastyle.apa.org/
- Identifying Information If actual patient cases are included in the article, please refer to patients by their first name and last initial (e.g., John B.).
- Tables, Figures, and Graphics We recommend including tables, figures, and/or graphics where appropriate to help clearly communicate your information. When a table, figure, or graphic has been originally created by you, please note that. If you are using a table, figure, or graphic that has been previously published, you must provide proof of permission from the original creator/owner.
- Word Count Article word counts are generally flexible based on article type and available layout space. We would prefer that you cover your topic thoroughly and then we can suggest edits after submission, if needed. Some recommended word counts include:
- Feature Articles: 750-1500 words
- Research Critiques: 500-800 words
- Herd the Latest?: 100-250 words
- Committee Updates: 150-300 words
- TherapyShare: 800-1200 words
- Referencing Please cite references in the body of the article using APA style, and include a full reference list at the end of the article.
- Photos If including original photos, please ensure they are high-resolution for printing (at least 300 dpi) and that you are either the owner of the photos or have permission to use them. If a therapy session is depicted in a photo, appropriate safety measures must be evident, including proper helmet fit. Signed release forms must accompany photos that show clients. Please include photo captions and credits. If using stock photos, please provide proof of purchase. Do not include any photos that you do not have express permission to use from all parties.
- Author Bio Please include a brief bio for the author(s) of the article (3-4 short sentences), along with a high-resolution head shot suitable to include alongside the bio. These will be included as space allows.
- Next Steps After you have submitted your article, it will be reviewed by our editorial team. We will either accept it for publication or work with you to revise it where necessary.
Accepted feature submission will count 5 hours and therapy share for 2 hours (max of 10 for renewal period) towards HPCS and ACHB certified therapist renewals
If you have any questions as you work on the article, feel free to get in touch with Managing Editor Nicole Klemas at firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Article Submission Sample/Templates
Submit an article to: email@example.com