Intended Audience: Horse Handlers for therapists utilizing equine movement with their patients, PATH instructors, Equine Specialists, Horse Trainers, Volunteers, Therapists or any horse person with basic ground handling and lungeing skills.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all safety aspects of lungeing and long lining.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the fit, care and application of all the equipment.
- Describe how and begin to produce quality movement on straight lines and school figures when long lining
- Demonstrate ability to grade movement at the walk on long lines.
- Describe the concept of starting a horse on long lines.
- Describe the principles of alternative leading methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a novice person to correctly lead and long line a horse when hippotherapy is part of the plan of care.
Faculty for this course:
- Bonnie Cunningham, PT, HPCS
- Karen Gardner , MOT, OTR, HPCS
- Lori Garone, PT, HPCS
- Lisa Harris, PT, HPCS
- Leslie Lautenschlager, OTR/L, HPCS