This course is intended for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistant’s, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistant’s, Speech and Language Pathologist, and Speech and Language Pathologist Assistants.
- Describe appropriate populations for sensory based treatment implementing manipulated equine movement
- Identify key elements in patient selection
- Define current sensory terminology
- Understand how the horses’ movement affects the sensory systems
- Utilize clinical reasoning for creating treatment planning for clients with sensory processing dysfunction when implementing manipulated equine movement
- Utilize techniques to achieve effective treatment for the patient with SPD when applying manipulated equine movement.
Faculty to Contact:
- Karen Gardner, MOT, OTR, HPCS email: email@example.com
- Lesley Lautenschlager MS, OTR, HPCS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gina Taylor, OTR/L, HPCS email: email@example.com