Hippotherapy is part of a comprehensive and unique plan of care for each patient. In this course the therapist will begin to plan the treatment design holistically- incorporating meaningful activities that progress the patient using all your tools- your professional expertise, your patient’s strengths, manipulated equine movement, the unique environmental setting, available equipment, task analysis and adaptation and ongoing clinical reasoning.
TARGET AUDIENCE: OT, PT, SLP, PTA, COTA, SLPA. No auditors
- Participants will demonstrate how commonly used treatment strategies and theories can enhance the effectiveness of hippotherapy
- Participants will describe how to use a holistic approach to treat their patient
- Participants will describe how to maximize functional outcomes in patient-centered treatment session implementing manipulated equine movement
- Participants will describe how to maximize the benefits of equine movement
- Participants will demonstrate meaningful and contextually relevant activities can optimize treatment effects
- Participants will demonstrate and explain their clinical reasoning in a unique environment.
- Participants will describe how to incorporate typical measurements to document treatment efficacy.
- Participants will identify and explain safety concerns and improve safety awareness.
Pre-requisite: AHA, Inc. Level I. Please send copy of certificate with registration
Faculty for this course:
Karen Gardner, OT, MOT, HPCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Harris, PT, HPCS: email@example.com