Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech Language Pathologists and Speech Therapy Assistants incorporating hippotherapy in their practice.
Following this presentation, attendees will:
- Identify vestibular anatomical structures
- Understand the relationship between the anatomical structures and their physiological functions
- Recognize the connections between the vestibular, oculomotor and somatosensory systems and their combined contribution for postural and visual stability.
- Perform evaluative procedures and assess findings.
- Apply appropriate findings in treatment including incorporation of manipulated equine movement and the equine environment.
Carol Huegel, PT, HPCS,